WATAMOTE.( 私がモテないのはどう考えてもお前らが悪い!)

13:45


''I read in some book that sad and painful things are the spices of an enjoyable life... But I seem to get nothing but spices''!


Hey Guys
I recently saw on twitter pictures/ posts of an anime called Watamote, and I found them to be very funny and I HAD TO watch  (*sigh* the power of the internet)*after watching the fifth episode, I was like ok ... this is not what I expected.

Plot- Tomoko Kuroki is a high school student, who is trying to become popular in her new High school. She loves playing Video games, watching anime and reading Manga. Each episode sees her go through each day at school trying to better and have friends. The struggle of the Otaku to being popular in High School Begins.


This was one Anime which left me feeling very SAD and slightly depressed. I enjoyed the humor but the lack of character development. I truly was rooting for her but, it just wasn’t happening. Don’t get me wrong, she is a funny character and she has some hilarious moment but I just personally felt sorry for her.
There is nothing wrong with loving anime, and playing video games, but I think there comes a point where one must STOP and take a break that’s usually when you are constantly referring to moments in Anime to your life example, girls in manga get boyfriends within a month or something, but (this is real life not a Manga). 




I was really sad if I’m honest and the fact she has NO FRIENDS at her school just had me feeling some sort of way. Yes she was trying to become better, but the development was not showing, it wasn’t happening, yes some people take longer to develop but this was ridiculous. She does have an a friend who used to go to the same school as her before, but they hardly meet up and when they do Tomoko has a great time and is usually sad when she goes away.

Furthermore her class mates are just really rude, I wish  they talked to her more, I mean yes they do talk to her but  she just doesn't respond quickly enough and just mumbles they probably think she doesn't want to talk. 


Miss Animanga says:

This Anime made me realise that its OK to keep trying, I loved Tomoko's perseverance, she  doesn't give up, she keeps trying, we all want to become better people and we shouldn't give up , we shall get there eventually, if you put in the work , believe in yourself and always try.




RATING :5/10. because of the humor and the storyline.

 Catch the show on Crunchyroll.


You Might Also Like

0 comments