リトルウィッチアカデミア- Little Witch Academia

13:10




"A believing heart is your magic".



Do you guys ever go through an anime phase, where there is nothing interesting that you watch? I guess I am going through one of those right now. Everything seems boring, I just need some action packed, heart aching, dream chasing anime, if you find it please let me know.
 Whilst walking through this dry land I came across some action in Little Witch Academia by studio Trigger, it raised my spirits and made me not give up on the quest of finding some anime. 


The main character Akko is seen at the beginning of the anime, watching a Magic show by a witch called Shiny Chariot who is seen fighting a monster with her magical powers and then uses he special move whilst saying “A believing heart is your magic”. Akko’s eyes light up and I guess decides she wants to become a witch. The story continues as we see a grown, clumsy  Akko in school, attending lessons, with her two friends and we meet her rival called Diana, who talks bad about Akko’s childhood hero Chariot!!, she vows to be better than Diana and begins her quest to become a witch like Chariot.


One thing that I was surprised about when I watched this anime was the length. It is only 23 minutes, I mean that’s equivalent to 1 episode and an anime series. The other tings is that well it almost seems a little HARRY POTTER-ish, I mean the two friends, Akko being a non-skilled witch, oh and her rival has blonde hair and has two sidekicks hmmmmm see my point lol  



I really did enjoy the storyline, but I felt that the Anime was too short and you don’t get to see character development, or back story to know more about the characters. One of the questions I had without revealing too much spoilers was why Akko’s friends or peers not like Chariot, as they seem call her as a sham and gives witches a bad reputation. The other question I had was why is Akko not good at the basic stuff like riding a broom, or spells is it because she comes from a non-magical family, so she needs more training or she is just erm.. well not skilled in that area. Lotte and Sacy her friends are able to perform magic and they come from magical families. How did she get into the school without any magical powers? 







I really hope they make a season or more episodes of this anime, it has the potential to be great, in my eyes its average, because of lack of character back story & development, all I see is a girl who is currently an underdog with and wants to become like her heroine. Which is great but a little plain, and the animation of the characters was again very average for me, they could have made the monsters more scary and kick-ass worthy.

Miss Animanga says:

What I took from this anime were the words a believing heart is your magic, when looking back at the Anime, when Akko had the chance to show her skills (spoiler*) and save everyone from the dragon she executed very well  by remembering those words because if you  believe you can do anything, You will be able to do it. Believe in yourself, believe you can take on any task and see yourself achieving. 

Until Next time everyone, Missanimanga…x

You Might Also Like

0 comments