August Anime Monthly Favourites.

17:30

Konnichiwa Minna, welcome back to my blog, where we share life lessons taught in Anime and Manga.

My top favourite shows this month.



Number 5- Hanabado (ONGOING)































Ayano Hanesaki, a first-year student at Kanagawa Prefectural Kitakomachi High School, has a badminton ability able to surpass others effortlessly yet avoids playing the sport. She meets Nagisa Aragaki, a third-year student who practices day and night aiming to become the best player in Japan. Encouraged by coach Tachibana Kentarou, supported by club colleagues, and fired up by various rivals, the two engage in their youth and adored sport so thrilling like a shuttle flown at high speed!




(EHHH!!!?? )Yes I know it is a  sports Anime, if you know me by now you know only Yuri On Ice will be the only sports anime to have my heart. 

I was drawn to this anime because of the high-quality intro, the bold colourful images and the detail in the animation, like you can actually see the sweat dripping off their foreheads its just looks very realistic well done to the animation team. The characters are loveable, and I was engaged because I love passionate people and these characters are serious about winning and being the best at badminton.  

The storyline for me is very cliche, very shonen and totally predictable, but I love that the main character doesn't always win when you think they are. This makes it very relatable as it reminds us that we don't always win at everything, it just enforces the power of hard work and never giving up on your goals. 

Miss Animanga says:
Highly recommend 
Rate: 5/5 for passion and Inspiration.




Number 4 -  Happy Sugar Life (ONGOING) 




This is a shivering pure love psycho horror story of a girl named Satou Matsuzaka, who has someone she likes. She experiences a sweet feeling when she sleeps with her and thought it must be love. Everything will be forgiven as long as she protects this feeling, even if she tricks, commits crimes, steals, or even kills, she thought.
Sourced from here


This anime is honestly messed up, I think the more mature audience should watch this.

The thing that I enjoy most about this show that it is not predictable. I am on the edge of my seat one moment and then the next moment we are back to happy fluffy colourful joyful loving moments. I am not sure if I should call them joyful as the whole show is very bleak and I am even questioning myself why I am watching as some of the characters I question their mental state as without revealing spoilers but one of the main characters literally starts hyperventilating over a 4-year-old missing girl's poster.  


Recommend for the more mature audience. It is not a happy anime, there are moments where you ask yourself what just happened, like why am I even watching this as like I said this anime is disturbing but it's just really good.

P.S Don't watch this loud in a room full of people as it may sound like you are watching something very inappropriate, trust me it sounds like you are watching *@±%.


Miss Animanga says:
Check it out but again for more mature audiences
Rate: 0/5 for passion and Inspiration (for obvious reasons).




Number 3 - Attack On Titan (ONGOING)




This anime is just amazing, there is nothing more I can say but if you don't know, then where have you been for the last few years? Get watching the show find season one and catch up.

The storyline is what I love most about this show I don't really mind the design or the art or anything else but just the story and this season we are learning more about our characters and its more focused on the political side of story which shows that there is more to this than just Titans running around eating people there is more to the story.
I enjoy it when the bad guys' plots and schemes are revealed and the bad guys are caught.
Who reads the manga? I think I shall read it too, I don't like waiting for the new episodes, but it is awesome and worth the wait.
The rating below is based on passion because there is nothing I find inspiring about living in their world but I do think the characters have a passion for ensuring the truth is revealed, their families and friends are safe and they will fight hard to make sure they do what is right.


Miss Animanga says:
Highly recommend 
Rate: 5/5 for passion (for friendship, corny I know).




Number 2 - はたらく細胞   - Cells at Work (Ongoing). 





1 2 3 4, We Are Cells at Work 1 2 3 4, We Are Hataraku Fuu!

The opening theme song is so catchy, I normally skip the intro to just get n with the show but I am so into the song.


This is a story about you. A tale about the inside of your body... According to a new study, the human body consists of approximately 37 trillion cells. These cells are hard at work every day within a world that is your body. From the oxygen-carrying red blood cells to the bacteria-fighting white blood cells, get to know the unsung heroes and the drama that unfolds inside of you! It's the oddly relatable and interesting story that is the life of cells! 

 Cells at work have stolen my heart it is a comical but educational show.
What I love about it is that its very colourful, easy to understand and the characters are memorable.
aWhen something complex is happening in the body they pause and explain what is actually going on with the cells and why certain things happen, plus you also get to learn more about the human body and understand it at a more cellular level.
It explains what every cell's duty is and how they work to defend the body from germs. It has comical moments and you get to laugh and learn at the same time.

The characters are just lovable, and after watching the episodes I start thinking about my own cells and it really has inspired me to start taking care of myself by eating the correct food to give nutrients to my body and my cells at work can do their best! Ganbarre!!
  I obviously have joined the shipping of Red blood cell and the White blood cell, when they meet they have a great chemistry and have "harto warmingu "moments they also just happen to be my favourite characters next to the platelets they are just so kawaii.


Miss Animanga says:
Highly recommend 
Rate: 5/5 for Inspiration and passion.



Number 1 - Chio's school road (ONGOING).




Miyamo Chio, a first-year at the completely ordinary high school Samejima Academy. Chio just wants to get through her school life without standing out too much, but for some reason, all kinds of obstacles await her along the path she takes to school. Her long-time friend Nonomura Manana, who's trying to quit being an otaku; the flawless Hosokawa Yuki, who occupies the top caste in the school; and lots of nameless people about town find themselves in Chio's path as she employs the (useless) techniques she's acquired from her Western video games in her daily efforts to get to school.

sourced from here



Chio's road trip is a hilarious comedy, the characters are relatable especially Chio, who spends all her free time after school playing video games, she struggles to wake up the next morning due to being tired as she was up all night, we all have done that. It may not be video games but it could be manga or anime:)

I love Chio & Manana's friendship, this anime actually shows what friends really do with each other, for example when Chio was hanging off the bridge and wanted Manana to help her, Manana like a true friend got her phone out and took a picture first before helping her. 

I laugh so hard when I watch this anime I really do look forward to the next episodes.

This anime really captured the heart of friendship, especially when in Highschool. A friend who will join a club with you even if they don't like it but to make sure you are happy , a friend who will make up silly dance moves and dances with you and just be there to laugh and create wonderful memories ,but most importantly a friend who will get revenge for you after a grade schooler has "KANCHO'd you . I love these scenes of Chio and Manana they really remind me of my own best friends.

Do you have your own version of Manana- chan? 

That is it for my monthly favourites, I hope you enjoyed this and please do share your favourite show this season, until next time. see you then ..x



You Might Also Like

0 comments