Claymore Anime Review

21:42


“Don’t be so quick to throw away your life, No matter how disgraceful or embarrassing it may be, you need to keep struggling to find your way out until the very end”- Claire.


If you are into Dark fantasy shows or Manga like Berserk, Soul Eater, Deadman Wonderland then I highly recommend Claymore. 




When a shapeshifting demon with a thirst for human flesh, known as "youma," arrives in Raki's village, a lone woman with silver eyes walks into town with only a sword upon her back. She is a "Claymore," a being manufactured as half-human and half- youma, for the express purpose of exterminating these monsters. After Raki's family is killed, the Claymore saves his life, but he is subsequently banished from his home. With nowhere else to go, Raki finds the Claymore, known as Clare, and decides to follow her on her journeys.

As the pair travel from town to town, defeating youma along the way, more about Clare's organization and her fellow warriors comes to light. 

With every town cleansed and every demon destroyed, they come closer to the youma on which Clare has sought vengeance ever since she chose to become a Claymore.



What I particularly enjoyed about this anime was the characters. I enjoyed the fact that it was an all-female cast, they were not used as fan service, just strong, badass, goal driven woman who kills monsters. They didn’t wear skimpy outfits it was awesome to just watch and enjoy them being main characters, powerful and they didn’t need to be saved. 
It was also great to see that they depended on themselves. This was because we are used to the female characters who are used as just “Fan Service” or the victims that are being rescued by the all-powerful male characters but tell a great story. I also enjoyed the fact that it is set in a medieval time and these women look like knights killing evil monsters, and dragons, honestly it was a great joy without revealing too much but I loved the story.

I loved all the characters they all brought a and shared a compelling story and had so much strength. But if I really had to pick I would  say Teresa the Faint, she was an amazing character and I loved it when she said “Sorry But I don’t feel like dying yet” I mean not like those fellow Claymore stood a chance to kill her in the first place, she was just doing them a favour, by being compliant to the rules. I loved that scene because it shows that once you have something to live for, something to fight for or that makes you happy you don’t just quit, you just keep going and living your best life.
I also loved Claire the main character, she is duty bound, hard working and though it is due to seeking she still managed to still be kind, and not let hate/revenge completely consume her she still finds a way to be kind and compassionate towards Raki.
The anime kept me on my toes  that were my favorites were The fighting scenes were my favorite, they had great action sequences, the story was awesome and I loved that things don’t always go according to plan which I find kept my attention and kept me wanting to know more and to see example when Claire  and Ophelia met.
 Oh gosh!!,  My heart sank and really could sense Ophelia’s presence that is one Bad ass woman, like run girl run away.  
I also enjoyed Claire’s back story where we got to meet Teresa and see how Claire became a Claymore and following the path of becoming stronger in order to get revenge for her dear friend. That moment shock me to my core because well you don’t expect the strongest character to go down like that.

On the other hand I was unhappy with a few things such as the ending which was a little lame  for me, it would have been better if the last fight had an actual winner  then we would have been  satisfied with the fight , it was a weak ending for me , I am hoping it has a 2nd season to tie up the loose ends. 
I would have liked it better if we knew how the claymores power up or how they become number one. So that we have hope and know how Claire can rise up the ranks and become number 1 like her other claymores. 
This series does have so much potential and I am hoping it concludes “properly”.
I would have liked it if they went into more detail about the organisation and how they created the Claymores and we would also understand why the awakened Claymores are hunted by the organization.

Overall I would say the anime is about self-discovery I loved that Clare was introduced to us as an icy cold person who was just focused on her duty. We also get to see he backstory, how she used to be a girl who could not talk and grew to speak more confident due to the people around her, we see her grow to be an icy cold warrior focusing on her job and her path of revenge. 
I enjoyed seeing her character development as she warms up to Raki and this encourages her to grow and become a skilled fighter who is driven by revenge but also the will to live so that her goal is achieved. Beautiful character development. I really did not want this to end as it was just so badass and a breath of fresh air from the stereotypical female anime characters. 

These women are half-demons, wield huge swords, and kill gruesome scary Yuma in ways traditionally Male characters are shown doing.  Yes, it does have major flaws but it Is just too badass to ignore.

5/5 for Motivation and Inspiration, I highly recommend.

You Might Also Like

0 comments