Yona of the Dawn

16:57


Konnichiwa Mina san !! Genki deska?




A few days ago I began watching Yona of the Dawn and immediately  on the first episode I was in love with Yona's red hair, You would be lying if you said it didn’t capture your eye too because we all know it did hehehehe.. It  is beautifully drawn if I do say so myself, the anime itself did a great job captivating me as I had my doubts , those who follow me on twitter might have noticed I had my own thoughts and didn’t want to watch the anime, but I loved that this anime proved me wrong.




If you follow me on twitter you might have noticed that I had a little rant about anime’s that all these girls are so helpless and the boys have to come rescue them every time they cried. I do wish there were more animes that the girls were the heroes and they rescued the boys. It is annoying that girls are portrayed to be helpless little things that need a manly man to rescue them lol. I don't want to watch a little helpless girl crying for like 24 episodes and a guys coming to save her. Don’t get me wrong, I do love it when a man comes to the rescue, I am not a feminist or anything but the same story of weak girls gets boring don’t you think?


 Plot - Yona of the dawn, or Akatsuki no Yona or 暁のヨ is about a Princess who witnesses her father get killed and she escapes the castle with the help of her body guard. The two travels across the country looking for the 4 legendary dragons to assist the Princess fight the person that killed her father and save her country.

 


Akatsuki no Yona was the opposite of what I expected and I was really happy about that, Yona is willing to learn to be a warrior and learn to use weapons and help out, even though she has these men around her prepared to die for her she still wants to help her. I loved that about her and I ship Yona and Hak. I don’t understand how Yona can’t see that he loves her  :/ Like is she Blind or what... But then again she can’t have a relationship as she is on a mission, Go Girl!!!Lol I also love the comedy throughout the anime, there are some sad times but I guess their friendship holds everything together.
Each dragon and person has their own personality and life story which makes the anime flow very well as you get to know each person and their abilities.




Miss Animanga says:
Akatsuki no Yona is now one of my favourite Anime that I have watched this year and honestly I highly recommend it. The storyline is awesome and shows that we can be heroes too in their own special way, and we just need to embrace our things that we do well and hey they can help save someone.

BRING ON SEASON 2

RATING: 8/10

You Might Also Like

0 comments