Killing Bites

08:37

“The one with the sharper fangs wins, that's what killing bites is.”


Konnichiwa Minna San, Happy 2018, I know I am like so behind (oh, like 3 months behind, Yikes!!) 
Honestly, I have been busy working and there hasn't been much time to watch anime recently, but I am not back and ready to be with you guys, I really have missed you all and blogging.
I promise no more long breaks, If I am taking I break I will let you all know.: )


So this winter anime season I have noticed, Netflix has had some good shows, for example, Devil man crybaby, B the beginning, plus many more that I am yet to explore and share with you guys. 


One of the shows that caught my attention was Killing Bites,  an easy going  show filled with action, blood, gore and plenty of “Panstu”

T  and the trailer was of-course lit so I had to check it out. This anime season has been fairly dry, too many slow, soft cute shows, the trailer for Killing Bites it gave me the action I had been craving.
he story line was interesting


Plot
People have been created that are human-animal hybrids, and powerful businesses bet on the outcome of their duels. College student Nomoto Yuuya's casual acquaintances ask him to drive them around to pick up girls one day, which he soon finds out means by force. The girl they kidnap is an animal-human hybrid named Hitomi, who slaughters all of them except Yuuya. Hitomi is a honey badger, which has been called the most fearless of all animals. Now Hitomi is assigned to stay with Yuuya, for his protection!



What I loved
One of the few things I loved about this show  were:





  • When they shared more about the animals, it turned it the animal documentary, 
  • so we learnt some interesting facts about the animals such as the Pangolin.
  • The fight/action scenes were Epic. 
  • They gave plenty of Fan-service, for those who are into that.


Characters


Uzaki Hitomi is one of the protagonists of the Killing Bites. After a rather fateful meeting with Nomoto Yuuya.A born therianthrope, she says that she has never experienced fear. Overall, Hitomi is a hot-blooded fearsome fighter.

Nomoto Yuuya the college student who is accommodating Hitomi, I felt sorry for him he is an abusive “friendship”.  He is another fine example of Stockholm Syndrome at its finest (not sure why this is being made to be ok ):/ He is a very chilled out guy and he learns to believe in himself after meeting Hotomi and seeing her push to achieve her goals. 

Animation

The animation was average,  not too bad but the CG was very obvious and it sucked. 


 Scoring out of 5
 If I had to score it, I would give it a 3.5. 

Miss Animanga’s Final thoughts

Killing bites to me was I guess what I would call a guilty pleasure. the show wasn’t amazing but it was ok. The show served its purpose which was to entertain, but the first 5 minutes of the show were trash like who starts a show with an attempted kidnapping & attempted rape of a school girl? So that completely made it lose points without trying to find the bad.

The graphics were good, the CG ruined most of the fight scenes and it was so obvious so it turned me off.
This was one of the worst/best shows this season as there have been too many slow, cute shows which personally bored to tears. The action is what made the anime, I’m sure others would argue to say the fan-service also contributed. I found it annoying that the main character keeps repeating “The one with the sharper fangs wins, That's what killing bites is.” It became very annoying. Plus they don't even explain what “KILLING BITES IS??”

 It was OK, I didn’t have any high hope after the first episode but things got worse and it didn’t have much creativity, same ecchi stuff, give us a break with the whole accidental boob grabbing.

So if you are looking for great storyline, character development look elsewhere this is not the show for you.


check it out and let me know if you enjoyed it.

You Might Also Like

0 comments